Details of the programme I offer are below. My programme can help get the schools thinking about their Biodiversity Flag – I will help with the Detective/Habitat Map in addition.
- Look for flowers, study the parts of the flower, and ask questions why does the plant produce this flower?
- What pollinators like them?
- Equipment: Line transects, Quadrats, ID charts.
- We check out bug traps that have been set and study the insects that have been carefully trapped & found.
- We study their bodies with magnifying glasses.
- Equipment: Pooters, beating trays, and ID charts.
- We study the lifecycle of the butterfly, look for butterflies, and look for at the common 35 species in Ireland.
- Equipment: Sweep nets, ID charts, and magnifying glasses.
- We study local trees and seeds.
- Equipment: ID charts, and magnifying glasses.
- We are qualified nature investigators now, and we can go out and look at all nature in our environment.
- Equipment: Nature investigator map, and all the equipment use
*There is a materials charge depending on the visit chosen.